designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Why I Love My Closet


Ok, so this may seem like a frivolous thing to write about, but sometimes you have to forget about bills, loans, administration, and all of that stuff that can drive you crazy. So I'm going to write about why I love my closet.

First of all, it was a present to me from my husband when we built our house. We decided to forego the huge bathtub/jacuzzi for a big closet for me. Who cares? Think of all the money we're saving on our water bill. Also, with two small children, who has time to take long, romantic baths?

Well, my husband picked out the carpeting, a beautiful, wine-colored design. The lighting is also wonderful; not typical, with very low lighting which makes for a wonderful atmosphere.

First of all, it is such a great place to hang out. My gay best friend comes over, and we have margaritas in my closet while I try on my designer clothes. It's just a great time.

Secondly, it is the perfect play area for my daughter and her friends. They spend hours in my closet trying on shoes and my beautiful dresses.

Thirdly, it is the perfect place for "making whoopee". My closet has the only locked door in our house since my mother convinced me that it would be detrimental to put locks on the doors in case the children locked themselves in. Of course, the last time my husband and I were "folding my clothes," as he told our children, they just happened to knock on the door. Romantic moment killed.

Fourth, I have so much fun in my closet, rearranging clothes, getting rid of old things. I actually have an entire section with just J. LaMore clothes. I just can't seem to get rid of those. I guess they're timeless.

Finally, the closet is all mine!!!!! My hubby is in the basement, where he belongs; a place where he can throw 100 pairs of socks all over his closet, and I won't see it. It's wonderful!!!!!

Lila

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore