designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Alicia Keys. . . Jewelry label?

Hi Jennifer & Friends! I have to ask a question about celebrities and why they collaborate with designers of all kinds to have their own label. Why do they do that? I understand that there is potential for making $$$ on their name, but every time I hear of a singer, actress, sports figure, etc., designing a fragrance, jewelry or a clothing line I shake my head and cringe. Ugh!

I say this only because I really like Alicia Keys and was saddened to hear that she has followed the masses and signed her name and collaborated in designing a jewelry line set to launch this month. What does Alicia Keys know about designing jewelry? Maybe that's not the issue but still. It was the first thing I thought of when I heard it. I also think that when celebrities do this the line will be cheap because what does this person know about designing anything. They're just in it to make money and everything else is just not very good. This is what I think every time a 'celeb' has their own label.

I've been a fashionista for as long as I can remember but up until recently this trend has really started to become a silly.

Mary Kate & Ashley started my downward spiral years ago and then Miley Cyrus (Hanah Montana) got a label, she was what, 10 0r 11 years old at the time? Every hip hop singer in the world has one and now American Idol winners are offered them right after the show ends. Is it just me or does anyone else think that's silly, too.

Sarah
Dallas, TX

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore