designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Bond Girl's, Vodka & Dangerous Men!

Hi Mandy! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so happy that my little "Bond Girl" comment on the Flavio Castellani coats inspired your creative energy. I don't think that has ever happened to me before. LOL!

You truly captured the look in your photography and images that I had in my head when I saw the coats. For some reason, every time I see fur coats like these I think of sexy and glamorous Russian woman wearing them. (I also think of them drinking vodka and and associating with dangerous men but that's another image altogether. Maybe maybe not!) The ads I've seen in the past have never brought me back like these have.

Which reminds me. Why is it that certain thoughts or images stick in your mind and when you see a familiar image you are instantly transformed back to your original thought? That happens to me all the time. I can't tell you the last time I saw the movie "From Russia with Love". I can't imagine what you would have done if I said the coats look like they're from "Dr. Zhivago"!

The black and white photo's give a cold weather temperature to the lookbook and the cover page and the model is stunning! She is perfect for that Russian look! Does she have a Russian accent? :)

Anyway, it was great looking at your work and I'm glad my "Bond" comment helped. I wish I could afford that coat in the image. I love it more now!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah
Dallas, TX

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore