designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Saturday, November 14, 2009

All things for all people, everywhere!

Hello Jennifer & friends! Well, my parents are coming to visit me in London for the Christmas holiday! Yahoo! The last time they came to visit me was when I moved here nine years ago. Although I have been back to the states many times for the holidays it has never quite worked out that they have come to visit me.


Once it was confirmed the first place my mother wants to go is Harrods! I have to say, it's quite a tourist attraction, especially during the holidays. Harrods is the worlds largest department store and is absolutely incredible! A tour of Harrods is like and all day thing. The Christmas section is world famous as well as Food Hall.

If you can't find it at Harrods, they don't make it. I just read where Harrods has now decided to sell gold bouillon. Gold bouillon? Whatever! Every celebrity in the world, when they come to London, has shopped there.

Harrods was established in 1834 by Charles Henry Harrod and has a storied history. In 1898 Harrods boasted the first "moving staircase" the escalator and to help nervous people get on it they offered brandy at the top. (I hope my mom doesn't read this or she'll spend all day going from floor to floor. LOL!) Just kidding mom!

My mom, and hopefully my dad, will love the place.


Clare
London, England

P.S. Jennifer, I'm in love with the Flavio Castellani "Giuliana" Jacket! How gogeous is that!

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore