designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Michael. . . One Talented Guy!

Hi Jennifer & friends: Let me say first off that I don't really have a good eye for writing movie reviews. I know what I like and usually it's a romantic comedy of some sort or a feel good movie that has a happy ending. I like to be entertained but I don't want to be stressed out over it at the end.

Another couple and us went to see Michael Jackson's "This is it!" movie and I have to say it did nothing for me. It was "ok at best" and for the king of pop who was coming to England for 50 shows it was an interesting look behind the scenes of how he rehearsed and a few glimpses of him personally but the hookie special effects he had planned kind of - well, bored me. I'm sorry and it's sad that he's dead but. . . ! The movie tells us that he made this film for the fans but everyone of us know - he did this for the money. He was almost broke and this was not for the fans!

I also find it a little odd that when the movie opens there is a message that scrolls across the screen saying that 'the footage we are about to see was for Michael Jackson's personal use.' You have to really wonder what he would need this for. We talked about this over some wine after the show and it made us think that some day, when he was all alone in is huge mansion somewhere, he would sit in his house and watch this movie of who he used to be. Almost like a Citizen Cane loneliness.

I must also add that Michael Jackson is one talented guy! There is absolutely no doubt about that! His talent is border line "sold you sole" because he must have made a deal with the devil to be that good! Is he weird, bizarre and completely screwed up? Yes! Yes! And completely! But I think that's what made him so interesting. He's also a perfectionist but that didn't suprise me.

All in all if you like celebrity documentaries then you should see this film but if you're not all that interested I would wait until it came out on DVD.

Clare
London, England

PS By the way Lynn, all of us in England are very aware of Roz Savage! Amazing!

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore