designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Monday, November 02, 2009

Roz Savage: Rowing the Atlanatic

Hi Jennifer: The group of gals I run with on Saturday morning were talking about Roz Savage after a particularly hard run. I had to ask who Roz Savage was because I have never heard of her before and I was told that in 2005 she broke the record for rowing across the Atlantic ocean; solo! Not only that, she has rowed just about everywhere else since then. Savage has now written a book Rowing the Atlantic: Lessons Learned on the Open Ocean.

I was amazed because first of all I didn't even know people rowed across the ocean and then second, why would anyone want to do that? Then I discovered that it was a race! Are you kidding me?

I had several thoughts running through my head during this conversation and living in Los Angeles, and running by the ocean all the time I looked out over the Pacific Ocean and it suddenly hit me: rowing across the ocean is huge deal. That was a lot of water I was looking at. What kind of boat did she use? OMG! I'm going to have to get this book. I have to know more about this woman. Then I was bummed out because Roz was just in LA for her book signing tour. I would have gone to that for sure!

What I discovered was incredible! For one thing, Roz is an environmental activist and decided to row to make people aware of a cleaner earth. (I really like that about her.) She's also an inspirational speaker and believes that if you set your mind to something you can achieve it. The list of accomplishments this woman has achieved is remarkable.

I strongly encourage everyone to take the time and watch the videos on Roz's website. Very amazingly cool. I had a tough little five mile run this morning but after all of this, I'm not going to complain about it.

Lynn Los Angeles, CA

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore