designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Thursday, January 21, 2010

What are Men Looking for?

Supposedly, men are looking to marry wealthier women now a days. That is, women who are wealthier than they are. Did I read that right? Am I completely screwed?! As a 23 year old, I'm not necessarily in the market for a husband this instant, but I'm certainty not too far from it. And not that I would ever marry for money, but if men looking for so-called wealthier women, then I'm scared to know what I'll end up with :P!

A collection of census data and research found that this role reversal is profoundly affecting the pool of potential marriage partners. The NY Times reports, “Men now are increasingly likely to marry wives with more education and income than they have, and the reverse is true for women,” said Paul Fucito, spokesman for the Pew Center. “In recent decades, with the rise of well-paid working wives, the economic gains of marriage have been a greater benefit for men.”

According to this data, women who are college educated are much less likely to have a husband who is college-educated and in the highest income bracket as they were in the 1970's. I'm all for equal earnings, and I would never seriously analyze a relationship based upon my earnings over my "potential husband's", but I do find it interesting that men are ending up with women who are more successful than them. It's so not typical! But then again, things are always changing.

(NY Times)

I hope to find someone who is equally successful as me someday. . . but I've got to find that great success in myself first!

Charlotte
Chicago, IL

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore