designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Friday, January 29, 2010

Gray area

Leave it to Kate Moss. The mega model/designer was sported gray streaks in her blonde mane at the launch of her handbag line for Longchamp this week. While I do love Kate as a trendsetter--wellies, skinny jeans and boho-chic, to name a few of her personal contributions to the fashion world--I'm not sure gray streaks are going to be The Next Big Thing. [Moss claims the streaks, now gone, were actually light blue but showed up gray on camera.]

I'm all for aging gracefully and naturally; there are many women who I think look gorgeous with gray hair (ala Meryl Streep in The Devil
Wears Prada), but this just isn't working for me. The streak in the front just looks awkward and out-of-place.

Maybe Kate was taking a cue from Monsieur Lagerfeld's Spring 2010 Chanel Couture show. >>

What do you think about the fashion statement? Cutting edge or just out there?

Creative Director

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I spend far too much time worrying about gray hair showing up for real and now there's a trend to put gray streaks in your hair? That won't happen anytime soon for me!

LP
Denver, CO

Powered by J. LaMore