designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Friday, January 15, 2010

So you want Madonna's body...

I was watching Regis and Kelly this morning when Kelly announced that for “Fitness Friday” she and husband Mark Consuelos would be heading to celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson’s studio in New York for Anderson’s famous “Method” workout.

I had heard here and there of the pint-sized Anderson [left], most famous for producing Madonna and Gwenyth Paltrow’s sculpted bodies, so I was interested to see just what this über-workout entailed. It turns out that Anderson’s “Method” is a combination of dance cardio and pilates/barre-style muscle toning and strengthening. Anderson’s workout is unique in that it relies on variation rather than repetition to keep singular muscles from being overworked and employs “accessory muscles” to pull everything in.

From what I have read and seen, Anderson’s workout is grueling, but does deliver results. I am personally a fan of dance and pilates workouts, frequently opting for these options over 5 mile runs, so I am thinking about ordering a couple of her workout DVDs. However, Anderson’s “Method” has been reviewed as difficult for beginners, so you might want to try other routines first if you don’t have a lot of experience with dance or pilates.

If you are looking for ways to achieve a healthy, trim body, I would definitely suggest trying workouts such as these. I have long been using yoga, dance, and pilates videos and they are definitely more fun than spending 30 minutes running on a treadmill at the gym. These workouts also sculpt leaner muscle for dancer-like limbs rather than building larger leg muscles from activities like running.

These are a couple of my favorite workouts, which are also good for beginners and intermediates looking to try these types of exercise:

1) MTV Power Yoga

2) Weight Loss Pilates

3) ZUMBA! I haven’t ever tried a workout video for this, but I have taken Zumba classes at the gym. Zumba (for those who aren’t familiar) is a mix of Latin and African dance styles into aerobic routines. My friends and I have done weekly classes together for a long time and we always have a blast! This is the most fun workout I have ever done and I always feel great after.

Happy Exercising!

-Mandy

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore