designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

No Expensive Denim for Me!

Hi Jennifer & Everyone! My report last year on the "denim glut" needs no more proof than a mere glance outside and around town as evidence. You don't even need a a mission like I had to prove the denim glut existed however, for those of you who didn't read my post on the subject let me rephrase that just a little - an expensive denim glut is more like it.

I set out to prove that the real world isn't going to pay $300-$500 for denim anytime soon and when you look at fashionable people around Los Angeles these days they are just as comfortable wearing regular old jeans that look like they came from a garage sale! I love it!

Fashion isn't always label driven and we know style isn't either so if you dig around the bottom of your closet and you find an old pair of jeans don't be afraid to slip into them with a sexy t-shirt, a great bag and cool shoes. Rolling up the bottom cuff is a big trend right now and you wouldn't think of doing that to your 7's or your Citizens. I really like the boyfriend jeans and when I got my first pair I swear I instantly gave them a secret boys name and will reach for them on days when I'm happy and days when I'm not.

The denim of 70's, 80's and the 90's are different then todays denim. Todays denim is much softer and there are so many denim brands and trends it's hard to keep track of what to wear and who's wearing it. I like to find my own style in denim because it's easy and you really can't go wrong anymore. This is what "the glut" did for us fashion conscious women. The glut gave us so many choices no matter what you wear it looks great and the prices dropped by 50%! You have to love that!

Lynn
LosAngeles, CA

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore