designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wishing I were 21 again

Well, I remember the movie "The Secret of My Success" with Michael J. Fox, where he was trying to find a job in New York, but couldn't. When he asked an interviewer what he went to college for, the interviewer simply replied "Well, you had fun, didn't you?" Boy, was college fun. I must reminisce a little bit.

Recently I found out that T tops were no longer being made. How sad. My girlfriend owned a white mustang with T tops, and we thought we were just the coolest ever. We would go driving around the campus of Ann Arbor, blasting Janet Jackson's "Nasty" and Vanity 6's "Nasty Girl". I've included a pic of this group for those of you whom which I have to jog their memory a little bit.

I guess the main motive was to meet boys. We had all kinds of fun. I remember wanting to date this adorable Jewish boy, and he would only date Jewish girls. Well, I told him that I was Jewish. I gave him a Jewish last name and went to temple with him. Unfortunately, he found my driver's license with my real last name. Oops!!

Boys, boys, boys. Many people make fun of sororities, but I found my lifelong friends in my sorority, and we still talk about those wonderful nights and hook-up stories. My friend, Paula, takes the cake. She was just a nutball. She always had the worst luck with men. She would show up to a party, dressed like a girl from Robert Palmer's video "Addicted to Love", or she would show up wearing a big, blonde wig and tell everyone her name was Raquel. Well, poor Raquel had to do the "walk of shame" the next morning in that matted blonde wig. The best story was when she actually met a nice guy. When I called her the next morning and asked her how things went, she replied "Well, he woke up and asked me, 'Pauwa, what's wong?'" Yup, he spoke like Elmer Fudd. I guess they didn't talk too much.

Those were the days. Drinking ninety nine cent malt liquor because we didn't have any money, spending summers in Ann Arbor, sitting on the porch, drinking beer, listening to Queen, the Black Crows, AC/DC. Picking up boys.

If I could go back in time for one week, just one week: Besides, I really liked my hair back then!!!! Yup. That's me second from the right. Lila.

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore