designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Monday, March 15, 2010

Catching up from Down Under!


First of all, this is torture being across the world from some of the best jeans I have ever seen. The whole shipment of Black Orchid is absolutely fantastic! I'm so used to being able to see and try on items right as we get them in the store. It's so different being an "Online" shopper! Luckily you guys have done a fantastic job at describing the items and the shots look great, so I know exactly how amazing they really are! One question about these awesome jeggings- what do they feel like?? You said you slip them on like a legging, so do they feel like a legging or are they more tough like a denim?

Second I'd like to make a note about my new amazing internship! I've just gotten a position as a PR coordinator intern at a fashion PR firm in Sydney, Australia called Flaunt Marketing. My boss has amazing fashion experience (working as an editor a Harpers Bazaar to name the least!) He's from England so it's exciting to get a whole range of cultural fashion experience.

Working at J. LaMore I've been given endless opportunities to learn about the fashion world. Thank you for that!!! I'm excited to use what I know at this new internship, and now I'll be working from the other end of the fashion sphere. J. LaMore is obviously a retailer, so I've worked from that end, promoting the store as a whole rather than individual designers we carry. Now I'm working directly to promote designers. Flaunt mostly promotes Australian labels, such as Coven, Pink Sparrow, and T.L Wood to name a few. They also promote an international label , Armani Exchange, and some Brazilian designers.

The Flaunt office also doubles as a showroom, showcasing racks and displays of beautiful clothes and shoes! It feels just like "home" as I'm used to being surrounded by beautiful clothes at J. LaMore. The office is located right next to ACP, the largest publishing house in Australia where they publish magazines such as Harpers Bazaar, Grazia, Cosmo, Shop Til, etc. So the magazine editors have the ease of walking a few steps into the Flaunt showroom to pick pieces for their model shoots or flat fashion spreads in their magazines. Or they have the option of sending a quick memo about what they need (ballet inspired dresses, florals, boyfriend jeans, etc), and then we get to pick the pieces that would work for their shoot and deliver them next door. My boss said that I'll get the opportunity to make connections with many fashion editors during my internship, which will be an amazing experience!

I'm really excited that I'll get my "fashion fix" while I'm abroad here in Australia. I've always been interested in Public Relations, and J. LaMore has given me the background I need to dive right into Fashion PR. I'll keep you guys updated on my tasks and jobs that I'll get to do while I'm interning. I can't wait to bring back my experience to J. LaMore and into my future career in PR!

Julie
Sydney, Australia

1 comment:

out of order said...

oooh congrats on the internship!! That sounds so exciting and a wonderful learning experience!

Powered by J. LaMore