designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Weighing in on the Issue"


Hi Bloggers!
Sarah~It sounds like you are doing great! Being able to run 3 miles is a huge accomplishment..I can totally relate to what you are going through as I recently started back working out after slacking BIG TIME over the winter..It was sooo easy to find excuses: too cold, too crowded, possible snow storm, too rainy and the list went on and on.....I've been a member at my local gym for about 12 years and really love it...It's the hassle of getting myself into the car and driving there but once I am there, I am so glad I went and all the people there motivate me. I was shocked when I read that your weight could fluctuate up to 5 pounds per day...I usually weigh myself about once a week otherwise I get too frustrated obsessing on the numbers.I try to work out about 4-5x per week varying the things that I do(treadmill, elliptical and recumbent bike). Like you said, muscle weights more than fat so the scale can actually be very deceiving..I go by the "jeans" test. When my jeans start to get too tight, I know its time to get moving again. I feel your clothes are the best indicator since muscle may weigh more but it makes you leaner, therefore losing inches.....
I found this on mayoclinic.com/health/weightloss :
Weight loss~ 6 strategies for success:
1. Make the committment-Permanent weight loss takes time and effort. It requires focus and a lifelong commitment. Make sure that you're ready to make permanent changes and that you do so for the right reasons.
2. Get emotional support-Pick people who you know want the best for you and who will encourage you. Ideally, find people who will listen to your concerns and feelings, spend time exercising with you, and share the priority you've placed on developing a healthier lifestyle.
3. Set realistic goals-BE Realistic otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure! Make sure that your goals are SMART: specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and trackable.
4. Enjoy healthier foods-One way you can lower your calorie intake is by eating more plant-based foods — fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Strive for variety to help you achieve your goals without giving up taste or nutrition.
5. Get active, stay active-Dieting alone can help you lose weight. Cutting 500 calories from your daily diet can help you lose about a pound a week: 3,500 calories equals 1 pound of fat. But add a 45- to 60-minute brisk walk four days a week, and you can double your rate of weight loss.
6. Change your lifestyle-It's not enough to eat healthy foods and exercise for only a few weeks or even months. You have to make them part of your lifestyle.

**You likely will have an occasional setback. But instead of giving up entirely, simply start fresh the next day. Remember that you're planning to change your life. It won't happen all at once, but stick to your healthy lifestyle and the results will be worth it. **

***Happy Moving***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mandy! I have my ups and downs with my weight and training. It hasn't stoped me but I sometimes like to write about it to keep me going forward and staying on track

Sarah
Dallas, TX

Powered by J. LaMore