designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

There is hope for all of you young college students


I really wanted to write a blog about my husband, although he would probably be mortified. But, I know that many young kids in college don't really know what they want to do. And I wanted to say that that is absolutely fine; don't stress about it. HAVE FUN WHILE YOU'RE IN COLLEGE!!! It will be the best time in your life. If you do go to college, you are lucky to have the opportunity, but don't be stressed about getting a job or even knowing what you want to do in your life. Case in point: my husband.

I had a great time in college, but I actually did study and made every moment count so that I could have fun on the weekends, but not all people are the same. When I met my future husband, he was a college dropout. Yes. He went to the University of Wisconsin and had a 0.00 gradepoint average when he dropped out. This was incomprehensible to me. How is that possible????? Well, he never went to class. He told me stories of how he would start going up this very, very steep hill on campus called "Bascom Hill". He would start up the hill and then climb right back down and go back to bed. UGHHHH!!!! I was mortified.

He also looked very cool. Had black, spiky hair and wore eyeliner. Yes. It's true. I still dated him. He thought he was a member of "The Cure". Well, years later, he wrote the University and explained how he was not ready for college, didn't know what he wanted to do with his life, but he wanted to come back and finish. They let him back in!!! It's a miracle, and that's how we found ourselves in Madison, Wisconsin.

He graduated a day before he turned thirty and then went on to get his MBA. He no longer wears eyeliner. He exchanged that look for polo shirts and khakis. I, on the other hand, like to dress myself in the latest styles, which is why I shop at J. LaMore. Where has our youth gone???? We are in our forties now, and I am proud of what we have accomplished and experienced in life. It was a fun journey, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, for all of you young ones out there, just have fun and follow your heart. You don't need to know what you want to do; just let life take its course. It's the best path to success and happiness!!! Take care. Lila.

This is our little story. I just wanted to share this with all of you lost souls out there!!!

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore