designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I need to be motivated. . . !

Hi Jennifer & Everyone! Getting motivated to workout has always been difficult for me and I see the new 'Mag' format of the friends blog is starting to talk about working out to get into shape for spring and summer. I live in Dallas, TX and I should be working out all year long. Unlike my northern friends, I don't have a weather excuse. Our winters are easy compared to the Midwest and the east coast. I've never lived in that kind of winter.

So why does this happen to me every year? Why is it that I cannot stay motivated to workout without stopping and starting over and over again.

Here's a clue to some of my problems. Researchers have said that 50% of women who start a workout program do so for all the wrong reasons. Someone like a husband, boyfriend, or mother-in-law may have said that you need to lose weight or a doctor told you to slim down. These are motivational killers. If you want to reach your goals you have to do it because you want to not because someone said you should. Another study showed that women who work out to "feel" good are far more successful than those who workout to "look" good. Hmmm! That study sounded just like me.

I haven't even put my tenny shoes on and I already feel like quiting. I gained 12 pounds over the past holidays and I hate it. I gain 12 pounds every holiday season and then kill myself to drop the weight and then I stop after I lose it. Oh c'mon! I love to exercise when I'm in shape but hate it when I'm not. What's that all about!

So, for everyone who's been in this situation here's what I've done in the past to drop the weight: I call my friends! I set up the schedule and some reachable goals to start walking with my friends and I'll try to make it fun for everyone. I read it here that Lynn from LA runs with her friends on the weekends and I completely connected with that and that's what I'm going to do as well.

Three out of four friends I called are in. I looked online and found a 5k charity run six weeks out! That's one goal I feel I can reach. And, I did the unthinkable; I signed myself up already. If I sign up and pay the small entry fee I will do it. Those are the things that motivate me. A small little 'commitment' entry fee! I know the J. LaMore people are supporters of Weight Watcher's and I'm thinking about signing up. I've never done a program like that before so I'm a little hesitant.

Anyway, writing about doing something is important for me and this has helped a great deal. I'm excited to get started now and when I jumped on the dreaded scale, I didn't freak out and get depressed. It is what it is and now I'm motivated. It took me a month to muster up enough courage to get on the scale. Seriously, how sick is that!

Sarah
Dallas, TX

(That new model in the previous "casting call" article looks amazing by the way! OMG! I hate her. It makes me feel better to say that. :))

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore