designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bra fitting that works!

Hi Jennifer & Friends! Here's a problem that I think every woman has: bra's that don't fit! Argh!

I cannot stand any of the bra's I have in my drawer! Seriously friends, I want to throw all of them in the trash. Everyday I get dressed these skimpy little things put me in a sour mood and cause me to dislike the outfit I picked out.

So I decided to do something about it. I did some research on how to fit myself to a bra and this is what I found out and I thought I would pass it along to all my friends on the blog.

First, put on a comfortable bra--(if you have any) one that doesn't minimize or boost your boobs. Then grab a measuring tape that can wrap easily around your body. Can’t find one? Use a piece of string and then measure it.

Band size:
Measure under your armpits, high on your back, and across the top of your chest, above your breasts.

How many inches do you get? If this measurement is an even number, that will be your band size. If it's an odd number, add 1 inch and that will be your band size. So if you measure 34 inches around, your band size will be 34. And if you measure 35 inches around, your band size will be 36.

Cup size
Measure loosely around the biggest part of your chest, keeping the measuring tape level and even all the way around.

Got that number? Now subtract your band measurement from your cup measurement. Each inch represents a cup size. For example, if your band measurement is 34 inches and your cup measurement is 35 inches, the difference is one inch, and your cup size is A. If your band measurement is 34 inches and your bust measurement is 37 inches, the difference is three inches, and your cup size is C.

Difference (band minus cup measurement) / Cup size
Less than 1” / AA
1” / A
2” / B
3” / C
4” / D
5” / DD

Just so you know, I did this and bought a bra at a department store and I love it. IT WORKED!

Sarah
Dallas, TX

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore