designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Losing Weight & Feeling Great!

Hi Jennifer & friends! It's Sunday morning and I just weighed myself and I've lost 4.8 pounds since I started walking/running with my friends and I love it. Yahoo!

My daily log is looking fantastic and I can tell in my attitude and it's only been a few weeks. The weather has really helped as it's been beautiful and perfect for not making excuses to get off the couch.

I've been following a list of positive things to help jump start my health and I found it online at a Women's Health website. Here's what they suggested;

Food (I really changed my diet and actually joined weight watchers online and I count points.)
Antioxidants (5 servings a day)
In brightly colored foods like blueberries, sweet potatoes, broccoli, tomatoes and acai
Green and white tea (4 cups a day)
Red wine or Concord grape juice (1 glass a day)
Fiber (25 grams a day)
In fruits, vegetables, beans, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, "100 percent" whole grain bread and chia
Omega 3 fatty acids
In roasted or ground flax seeds, walnuts, hemp, salmon and spirolina algae
Olive oil (1 to 2 tablespoons a day)
Do not heat this delicate oil to smoking point or it will be damaged and lose its benefits

Exercise (I've been walk running almost everyday for three weeks!)
Get your heart rate up (3 times a week)
Find your target exercising heart rate: 220 - [your age] X .80
Do strength training (30 minutes a week)

Meditation (I never knew how to do this and I don't know if I'm doing it right, but I try)
Yoga, prayer or meditation (5 minutes a day)
Releases nitric oxide, which relaxes blood vessels

Sleep and Sex (I've been feeling so good lately that I'm having more fun in the bedroom :))
Sleep (7 to 8 hours a night)
Sex (2 to 3 times a week)

Vitamins (I've always took vitamins so this was not a change for me and it's easy to take them.)
Vitamin D (1,000 units a day)
Calcium (600 mg twice a day) with Magnesium (200 mg twice a day)
DHA Omega-3 (600 mg a day)
Baby aspirin (2 a day, for a total of 162 milligrams)
Multivitamin (Take half in the morning, half in the evening)
Pre-menopausal women need a multivitamin with iron and 5,000 units of vitamin A. Postmenopausal women need just 2,500 units of vitamin A.

Sarah
Dallas, TX

1 comment:

Judy said...

Sounds like you have found something you really enjoy!!! Congrats on dropping some weight! The Women's Health website is VERY helpful! Also, I noticed you are a runner, you may want to check out runnersworld.com, they have tons of training ideas if you're interested! I look forward to tracking your progress! Good Luck!

Powered by J. LaMore