designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Coco Rocha. . . Fabulous

Hi Friends & bloggers! I was very amused by the article on Coco Rocha being too fat to walk a runwayy so I did a little research of my own and I completely agree, she is gorgeous and hardly fat. Here's an interview she gave Joy Sewing yesterday for the Houston Chronical. I hope it's ok that I posted it for all the J. LaMore readers.


Rocha, 21, talked to us about her work and her plans for her own clothing line, Rococo.

“I want to be taken seriously for this fashion line,” she said by phone. “It's not just a licensing thing. If it flops, I'll continue work on it until it's a success.”

Q: What runway shows do you enjoy walking in?

A: Zac Posen, Rag & Bone, Gaultier. I like ones in which the designer lets me show my personality. You feel far better in the clothes when you're allowed to be yourself.

Q: What New York shows will you walk in?

A: I don't do many any more. Some designers don't want the bigger or the more expensive girls.

Q: You're actually considered big, seriously?

A: In this industry, you will always be either too big or too small. I realize it's not necessary to please everyone.

Q: At nearly 5 feet 10 inches tall, how much do you weigh?

A: 125.

Q: Do you feel pressured to lose weight?

A: When I started at 15, I worked in Singapore and lost 10 pounds. I went from 118 to 108. Then I was asked to lose more weight because the “anorexic look” was in. I started to panic about eating certain foods. Finally, I had to calm down and realize I just needed to be healthy.

Q: You're an advocate for promoting healthier body images in the industry. What does that mean?

A: I get a lot of e-mails from young girls saying they need to lose weight to look like us. So it's important I go to schools and talk with girls and get them to realize that what they see on the covers of the magazines isn't always what is seems.

Q: What would surprise people to know about New York Fashion Week?

A: People forget most of the models are young girls. They are babies who are being influenced by anyone and everything.

So if someone says to them, “You're not our look,” they take it so hard.

They want to know how they can change.

It's a lot of pressure on their tiny shoulders that they don't need.

Lynn
Los Angeles, CA

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore