designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Friday, February 12, 2010

New format! No ads . . !

Hello friends & bloggers: Yes! Yes! Yes! Jlamore.com is changing the format of the blog to a new magazine style format which means I have to actually write more articles and answer questions. Ok! I can do that! This is a change that's cool and I love it! As the blog administrator, let's open up this baby and see where it takes us.

"No! . . . No! . . . No!" This is a collective answer from Jennifer and me to all the people and businesses who ask jlamore.com to sell advertising on the friends blog. I would put up a banner that said "no advertisers" if it didn't look so much like an advertisement for not selling ads.

After saying all of this, however, I would love to do an article on cool ads that people remember and how they get to become an ad. That's fun stuff and very interesting because it takes months to create an ad that last for just a few seconds.

I get emails every week from people asking me to place their banner ads on our site and everyone of them ask me by way of email. Not one call or a letter, just a chincy stinking little email! How lame and lazy is that. How did these people get my email address anyway? If they called I would still say "no" but at least I would respect the effort.

We don't sell ads because it would ruin the integrity of the blog and cheapen the site all together. Having all kinds of ads on the site is not who we are. In addition, I really don't like "private" sites that sell ads with blinking banners and ads that slide from the side of your screen to stare right at you and then your forced to click the "X" to get rid of it. Ugh! Do those people hate their readers? They must because after that happens I click to get rid of the site all together and will never come back, but that's just me and I'm easily annoyed by those things. Have you ever been on InStyle.com? I removed the link for fear that you would hate me later on.

We love our readers and writers and the last thing we want to do is annoy any of them. I understand why people want us to have their ads running on the site. The friends blog is popular! It took us four years to get to this level and for me it's not worth the risk of upsetting even one reader.

I'm going to try very hard to give you the best Internet experience you can have when you visit our site. The new content format will make the site even more intelligent, informative, fun and interesting for you to read. In the future, we want to add video to the blog as well as have a reporter type feel with writer assignments that can take you in all sorts of different directions. Not just fashion but lifestyles too!

So, if you want to be a writer for the new "friends magazine" let me know. We would love to have you. Having great writing skills is a plus but if you want to express yourself in a wide open forum, this is the place for you. Personally, I think it would be great to have a writer from Vancouver reporting on the Olympics. Anyone in Vancouver interested?

Jim
jlamore.com

Yes! I'm the geek in the back room! In the dark! All alone! Like a mushroom!

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore