designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Monday, February 08, 2010

Bring on the Olympics. . . !

Hi Friends & Bloggers! Now that the Super Bowl is over and the Saints pulled off an amazing victory, I am now ready for the Vancouver Olympics and it's only four days until they light the torch. I love the Olympics, especially today, and with the technological improvements in television watching the Olympics is almost like being there. Jennifer and I have a 50" HD plasma and it's incredible! The sound when watching sports or concerts is also unbelievable.

As I mentioned in my post on the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, the 2010 Olympics will now be available in 3D. Does anyone remember when Dorothy Hamil won the gold medal in 1976 and what it looked like on your 19" tube TV?

Well now there's 60" plasma flat screens that are so clear it's freaky cool. They also have camera's on a wire that actually fly with ski jumpers and these cameras will be 3D capable. OMG, that is the coolest thing ever. Why would you need to actually go to the Olympics and fight the crowds when you can watch the experience like this. I understand that going to the Olympics would be great fun and the experience would be incredible but, wow, watching the Olympics is completely amazing with today's technological advancements. Jennifer and I have a close friend who's going to the Olympics and she is staying with a friend who has a house in Vancouver. Going like that would really be fun!

I like the behind the scenes portions of the Olympics and the individual stories of some of the athletes and I always cheer for the underdog too! Like the Jamaican bobsled team. Think about it: a bobsled team from Jamaica? They have my support, automatically!

I've never been to Vancouver but I'll bet it's a great place to visit. After the Olympics comes the Masters Golf tournament.

Jim
J.LaMore

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore