designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Monday, February 22, 2010

Miracle on Ice, 29 years later!!!


I was flipping through the channels yesterday, and I fell upon an interview with three of the hockey players who were on the 1980 Olympic team that beat the "unbeatable" Russians. This brought back such memories to me.

I was eleven years old, and my father and I prepared for the game by buying plenty of Baskin Robbins ice cream. My two sisters could care less, so many of my weekends were spent watching sports, sports, and more sports with my dad.

I remember the moment the US scored the winning goal, and my father and I started screaming "GOAAAALLLL"!!!!!!! My mother thought we were crazy!!

I got this feeling of nostalgia as I watched this special moment in Olympic history as well as a special moment that I shared with my father, who wanted a son desperately. He got three girly girls. Not one tomboy!! Poor Dad.

The special moments are not over as we still talk about sports every weekend and get excited to watch our favorite teams; the feeling came back when we talked about the US beating Canada yesterday!! What a great game!!

The one thing that really touched my heart watching the interview and replay of parts of this game was what one of the players said. Some people might say that it's just a sport and that it doesn't mean anything, but it's nice to remember something wonderful instead of something horrific like 9/11 or the Columbine shootings. I agree! It's nice to share a dream come true with one's own country. GO USA!!!!!!

Lila

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore