designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Valentines Day in Paris!

I also love Valentines Day, and in Paris it's a big deal. Unfortunately, my husband will be out of town so we are celebrating after he returns. We will go to a romantic Cafe' for dinner and exchange cards and gifts. I'm French, my husband is not so I had to teach him all the French traditions and history that was taught to me as a young girl. Like this one;

A young Frenchman, Charles, Duke of Orleans is said to have written the first written Valentine's Day Cards. The Duke who was captured at the Battle of Agincourt in 1415 is said to have written a poem or ‘Valentine' to his wife while imprisonment in the Tower of London.

How romantic!

Juliette Paris, FRA

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore