designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Romantic Idea...

Amanda K: I have a great idea for your Valentine's Day... I know you have little ones, so this might not be ideal for you and your hubby, but you might consider checking into a hotel right there in Miami (either for the night or maybe the weekend before or after V-Day). My boyfriend and I have occassionally checked into a hotel right here in NYC, and it is always romantic and always fun! (You feel like you're getting away from the hustle and bustle of daily life but without having to deal with the hustle and bustle - and hassle - of actually traveling.) I did this for my boyfriend's birthday a couple years ago, and it was perfect! I checked in early (without him) and stocked the room with all of his favorite things - wine, good cheeses, the NY Times, etc. I didn't want to ruin the surprise by asking him to bring anything, so I also stocked the bathroom with a new toothbrush, razor, etc... The hotel where we stayed happens to have a rather popular bar area, so I was able to convince him to meet me for a bloody mary that Saturday afternoon without him suspecting anything... We spent the day at the spa, the night at the hotel restaurant, and the morning sleeping in and ordering room service... It was great, and he was thrilled!

Another idea (which I haven't tried but sounds romantic) is hiring a chef to come to your house and cook. It's always nice to have a gourmet meal right in the comfort of your own house - with someone else doing the work!

Good luck!

Amanda in NY

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore