designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Friday, October 30, 2009

shopping for fall clothes

It all started when I was almost a teenager, and all of my friends would go shopping for school clothes. Well, my parents didn't really believe in this concept.

First of all, they argued that nothing was on sale. Secondly, my father believed that we only needed one shirt(preferably an oxford), one pair of pants (an ugly pair of pleated khakis), and one pair of shoes (loafers). Well, he was strict in other ways too. He never let myself or my 2 sisters date; therefore, we always babysat; therefore, we always had plenty of money. We would go shopping (my mom was in on this too). We would come home, and one of us would distract my father while the other two hid all of our packages in the bushes. We snuck them in when he went to sleep.

This is not the end of the saga. We had to change in the car on the way to school since he would never let us wear what we purchased. Yes. This is how it all started. The beginning of three fashionistas. My sisters and I all have our own style now, and we still love to go fall shopping. It's so exciting to see all of the new styles, the beautiful new fall sweaters, coats, boots, hats. We also used to love the smell of our new clothes.

I don't know what it is, but there definitely is a new smell. I still love it. I have a daughter now, and she is starting to develop her own style. I've decided that I will not stifle it, and we go shopping together, and it is as much fun as I had always imagined it to be. It is very special. So many reasons to love fall, but this is the main one for me; well, except for maybe daylight savings time.

Lila
Madison, WI

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore