designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Crossing over to the bright side!

Hi Jennifer & Friends: I have seen the runway shows for spring 2010 and notice a huge increase in the platinum blonde trend. Are you guys seeing this in the US?

From what I hear, this trend started at the Met’s Costume Institute gala back in May, when model Raquel Zimmermann (left) sent flashbulbs popping on her way up the red carpet, courtesy of her brand-new, radically platinum hair (not to mention Proenza’s tough-chic off-the-shoulderl-satin mini). Foley had lifted her look to an icy-white pitch for the Gucci campaign. I love this look on her. She's so beautiful!

I have at have to say that this satin top reminds me of the satin Flavio Castellani top you guys have at jlamore.com. (Similar color I should say)

The trend continued on the Spring 2009 runways when dozens of beautiful models crossed over to the bright side. Marc Jacobs is said to call the look as a "white goth" when he had his models wear it for his show and now the trend is growing big for 2010.

I love the look (I think) but it would look terrible on me. Bleach is notoriously hard on hair, but platinum can look very rich, very expensive with the right upkeep. I've never done it but I understand that you need a lot of hair products to keep it looking good. I also think that every time I see someone on the runway with this look I think of Donnatella Versace. I don't like the look then. For some reason she turns me off with her hair and her over tanned skin.
I'm not sure about this new hair trend and I was wondering what everyone else thinks.
London, England

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore