designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Monday, October 19, 2009

Prada! She needs no hype!

Hi Jennifer and Friends: For many years I've been fascinated by Miuccia Prada and her genius. Recently at New York Fashion Week she showed her 'wears' but, as usual, she was a complete mystery. From what I read, she was spotted once back stage and a 'possible sighting' at a restaurant, . . . . That's it! The biggest name in fashion for the past 20 years is like a well dressed ghost.

<---Kate Moss wearing a Prada Leather dress!

After her amazing runway show was over, the crowd was wild with anticipation. They were waiting to see if Miuccia would walk down the runway. After a long pause it finally happened. Miuccia Prada poked her head out from behind the curtain, smiled and was gone! That was it! If you didn't have your camera ready you would have missed it!

I find this behavior very refreshing in the celebrity obsessed, fashion crazy, blogging, tweeting, no secret tabloid world we live in today. Way to go Miucia! I think keeping some mystery in our life is a good thing.

Miuccia Prada doesn't need all the hoopla that goes with today's designers, she's a genius and everyone knows it. I Love it! She also made a statement that she is "fed up with couture." I love that too! Why stoop to the level of a lesser designer and fight for the cheesy spotlight. Everyone else needs to rise to her level. In addition, it's a well known fact that all trends start with Prada and she is copied all over the place. My only complaint with Prada is that I can't afford her. But that's ok! I love to look forward to wearing her designs.

I could write a ton on Prada but it would take too long and bore everyone, but all of us should be thankful we have a Prada in the industry.

Lynn
Los Angeles, CA

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore