designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The dead live on . . . !

Hi Jennifer & Friends: Last weekend I went to the Damien Hirst art opening in London and it was incredible. Art mania has hit London this week as the show was filed with artist and other dignitaries of note.

I love going to art openings with a group of friends because it gives me a chance to wear a great outfit, sip some wine and talk about different things other than the work, kids, news and all the usual things that go on in your day and occupy your thoughs. I feel like I'm on vacation! I also like them because you can imagine what or how you could work a great piece of art into your house or apartment. Take for example a these skull prints: How would this look in your house? (They're pretty big prints by the way.) Where would it go and would it be over the top for most people who come over? Who would buy something like this? I should note that each print was going for about $5,500. Not bad considering some of Hirst's work has gone for millions of dollars.
Sir Peter Blake was at the show this weekend. We didn't see him because the place was packed but he is quoted as saying that the skull prints would make a great album cover. Since he designed the Beatles 'Sgt. Peppers' cover, he would probably know.
Anyway, the show was great fun and all of us had a wonderful time. I looked amazing by the way. :) I had on a pair of skinny jeans tucked into my tall boots and my new gorgeous off the shoulder sweater from Flavio Castellani. Amazing! Thanks Jennifer! I love how you put all of this together.
London, England

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore