designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Monday, October 12, 2009

The "New" Smoky Eye . . . !

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for the insight into being a buyer and how hard it is. I had no idea about all that went into your job but I have to say that you make it look easy.

I know Clare in London is interested in the white eyeliner and I think that look would be fine on certain face shapes. Actually, I think it's only for the runway and not for everyday use. I could be wrong though.

I just recently read in my InStyle magazine about the new smoky eye look going on in the fashion & beauty world. When I saw the look I was stunned and happy because I love this look and I feel I can wear it. I know the smoky eye has been around for a long time but those earlier looks seemed way to dark and over done for me. But this look is soft and pleasing to look at.

Here's how you get the look:

1. & 2. Apply two shades of eye shadow: a deep pine like Cle de Peau Beaute Satin eye color in Emerald No. 109 ($45; nordstrom.com) on the lids and an iridescent teal hue like Bobbi Brown eye shadow in Bash Metallic ($20; saksfifthavenue.com") in the creases and along the lower lash lines. "The key is to blend to death," says makeup artist Mariel Barrera, who created these looks on Seyfried using these products. "That way the two colors will melt together and you'll get a nice smoky effect." 3. Curl lashes and apply two coats of black mascara like Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara in Black Steel ($28; saksfifthavenue.com).

Lynn Los angeles, CA

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore