designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Monday, May 19, 2008

Hello from Greece!

Hey everyone! Thanks for welcoming me as a new JLamore.com friend. I’m really excited to be a part of the site.

I’ve been studying in Athens, Greece for the semester and, let me tell you, those Greeks know how to dress! I have definitely learned a thing or two about European fashion while living here, and I’d love to share my new found knowledge with all those at home who may need some new fashion inspiration! The Greeks’ style is not so much the stereotypical white cotton dresses with gladiator sandals as it is tight, urban, and black. You can tell that they definitely take their fashion cues from their neighbors, the Italians.

If you want to try their look, pair a dark pair of skinnies, like the Union “Rose Straight Leg” Jean, with some cute flats or sandals. Then add a large purse like any of the lovely new My Tribe bags, which were very popular among the Greek women, and a colorful ethnic scarf (ala Balenciaga) topped off with a gargantuan pair of shades. Totally Euro-chic.

…and remember, to Greek women there is no such thing as “overdressing".


Looking forward to chatting with you all!

-Mandy

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore