designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Monday, July 13, 2009

Jennifer LaMore's Brain!

Jennifer LaMore's brain is weird. Seriously! She belongs in the Barnum & Baily circus right along side the bearded lady, the two headed chicken and the fire eating knife thrower. I tease her about this all the time. She's a freak of nature!

The other day a customer ask me, "what colors in fashion are going to be strong this fall?" I was perplexed. I had no idea. So I blinked a lot and uttered feebly, "I'll have to ask Jennifer". Way to go and so manly too!

What's sad about that is the fact the I work at J. LaMore and have been there for ten years and I couldn't answer the most basic question. So when Jennifer came out she rattled off the colors, the trends, along with the color and styles for shoes and accessories as well as a ton of other stuff. What the . . . ! I asked her how she knew all of that and she said "it's my job to know all of that . . ." It's my job too so how come I don't know it. Jennifer just raised her eye brows, shook her head and walked away. What was that! I do important stuff around here. Is that her way of saying she's smarter then I am?

We get tons of trade magazines and fashion material every day and I read it to stay informed. But I don't think I've ever read what colors are going to be strong for fall. Who makes this decision? In the old days Prada set the standard for fashion and colors. Armani did to and everybody followed. In the old days we had Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder. Remember him? He could pick the odds on any team in any sport all day long every day without fail and everyone followed his advice. It was simple back then. But today, I have no clue. Today, fashion designers are celebrities. Stella McCartney has a body guard and there's a dozen more who are followed around by the paparazzi.

Jennifer just knows this fashion stuff like nobody else. Her brain is wired differently then mine that's for sure and her memory is bizarre. This is fun, watch this I do this all the time. "Hey Jennifer, who bought that blue Yoana Baraschi dress with the black fringe and wide belt we had about two years ago? - Oh that was Sarah, she works at the bank, she's a size four and she wore it to her class reunion . . . !" Or this could happen, "Nice try Jim. That dress you described never existed . . ." See what I mean? She's got me either way. This kind of thing goes on every day. I can't remember how I got to work that day.

Jennifer can figure out the sales tax in her head on every sale ever made. I do this all the time to her and its fun. "What's the sale tax on a $294.00 sale?" Jennifer will say without thinking about it "$16.17". Freak! It doesn't matter what number you throw at her, she knows the answer. (This will come in handy as we test her at "the home".) There is a down side to this freaky memory thing however, I can't get away with anything. ". . . You were not visiting a sick aunt, you were drinking and playing poker with your friends!" Dammit!

So, go ahead and ask me a question. I'll make sure I forward it to Jennifer.

Jim McCarthy

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore