designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The High Maintence Girls Guide to Camping.

My girlfriends and I are going camping this weekend. After telling people that I am going camping I get a "hahah, you.... camping?" I admit, I'm not an outdoorsy person (unless you count tanning by the pool as outdoorsy.) I've never been camping, but I did go hiking once in Vail, Colorado. I was nine years old, made it about 20 minutes, then complained till my mom took me back down the mountain. My parents now know better then to take me on non-beach vacations! (Although now I do wish I could hike up those mountains, maybe someday!)


While I am excited to have a girls weekend, I'm also dreading being outdoors for the weekend. I'm driving my car so luckily as a last resort, I could always sleep in there.... (reminder to self, Google closest Marriott.) As I am preparing for this trip, I thought I would share with you a few tips that I've thought of to get me through this outdoor adventure...

1. Dry Shampoo. OK I admit we're not camping in the middle of nowhere. We will be at a camp sight, where they offer "cold outdoor showers" as the website refers to them. (Shiver...) Regardless if the showers are luxury bathtubs, I still would regret getting my hair wet. Once the hair is wet, the process beings... (heat protector, 20 minute blow dry, 20 minute flat iron, back to the blow dryer to blow out my bangs... do they even have electricity at this place?!) Regardless, I won't have the time for the "process" of doing my hair. So, Dry shampoo will be my best friend! It makes your hair look great without washing it. Perfect for that day in between real washes (and perfect for camping, right!?) (Try Ojon Rub-Out Dry Cleanser, $10 for a travel size bottle from Sephora.)

2. Face Cleansing Wipes. Not washing my face for 24 hours? Eww, the thought makes me feel dirty! I love cleansing wipes that remove make-up (including eye make-up) and make your skin feel fresh (sans water.) I'll let my face breathe for a while, then apply my travel size Aveno moisturizer. Yes! My skin will be satisfied with this pseudo skincare routine! ( Try

Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes, Oil-Free $5.99)


3. Non-smelly Mosquito Repellent. I hate bugs... but I hate the smell of mosquito repellent! It's so gross and makes you feel dirty (not what I need when I'm already lacking a nice shower.) I love the new "Clip-On Mosquito Repellent" from Off. It's a small fan device with a little disk that you can clip onto your belt loop and it circulates repellent to keep the mosquitoes away! No smell, no spray... and it seriously works. I'll take five, please! (available at drugstores for about $8)

So far this is all I have to keep my high-maintence self happy on this camping trip. Any more tips and tricks? I'd love to hear them!



No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore