designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

High School Sweethearts

The term "High School Sweethearts" has been around for a number of different generations. Tons of TV shows and films have shown people reconnecting with their high school sweetheart and by the end of the show we all smile and think "that's real love there!". This past weekend a family friend of mine married his high school sweetheart and the two have been dating since they were 16 years old. Recently I have heard about more and more weddings of couples that met in high school.

Last night my dad brought up the idea to me, and suggested that I shouldn't be surprised if the next guy I date may be the person I end up with. Personally, I am one of those people who loves watching movies where couples from high school reconnect later in life and go onto marriage. I think it is fantastic when I hear stories today about relationships that have started in the teenage years and have gone on all throughout adult life.

Although for myself, I would not want that path. At my age now, I feel like I have so many areas that I will change and grow in and the same for any potential high school boyfriend.

Saying that, I realize that anyone could argue, "Well you will change and grow together" or "You may break up now and get back together once you've matured". While those are valid arguements, in my mind the relationship would always be built on "young love" or during our immature mind set. Whereas if I married someone that I met later in my adult life, I think it would be a completely different relationshiop.

Now ending my thoughts, I realize that I am still very young and have a lot to learn about love and relationships. Hey who knows who I may or may not mary; but when my dad threw the idea past me these were the thoughts that instantly came to mind.

I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts or stories about the idea.

Raquel

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore