designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Monday, July 13, 2009

Is it acceptble to have more than one MOH?

There is such an honor that comes with being someones Maid of Honor on her big day. Whether it's a sister or a best friend, being a MOH is a huge responsibility! I'm lucky enough to know how much work it is since I am one of my sister's MOH for her wedding on August 1st. I also consider myself lucky because instead of having ALL of the duties resting on my shoulders, I get to share them with our other sister Marianne.

So do you think it's acceptable to have more than one MOH? I've gotten a lot of funny looks when I tell people both my sister and I will be MOH's at our sisters wedding this summer. I did some googling and read a lot of stories about successful wedding parties with 2 MOH's (a lot of time it sounded like it was hard for the bride to decide between a best friend and a sister.) Now from experience and also from reading others stories, I've learned that having 2 MOH's may even be better! Here's a few rules I picked up though:

1. Make sure the 2 MOH's get along. They have to work together all the time, so hopefully they can not only work together but they can do it well!

2. You have to have either no other bridesmaids or 2+ other bridesmaids. If you have 2 MOH's and 1 bridesmaid she may feel left out and not as important.

3. Your groom doesn't have to have 2 Best Men (let alone even have the same number of groomsman.) Supposedly it's normal now a days for the bridesmaids and the groomsmen to not match up perfectly.

Well there ya have it! It's definitely becoming more acceptable to have 2 MOH's as traditions are being modified over the years. As for my sister's wedding, it's only 3 weeks away! She'll be getting married to her boyfriend of 11 years (yes that's right, 11 years. And she's 25...they've been dating since she was 14!) Their wedding is going to be on the BEAUTIFUL Mackinac Island in Upper Michigan. I can't wait!!

-Julie

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore