designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Back to wedding dress basics!

Hi Jennifer & Friends:

My good friend and neighbor, Karen, (not pictured) is getting married at the end of September. We've met at our condo pool and discussed at great mind-numbing-length her wedding for almost a year now and I cannot believe how fast time goes by these days as the big day for her (and me) is fast approaching. I love her to death and I'm invited to the wedding but she is obsessed with talking about the smallest details which is really surprising because she is in her 30's, lives with her fiance' and is very laid back about everything else. I think I have to work on being more patient. Note to self! However, if there was anyone in need of a wedding planner it's Karen! OMG!

We discussed her wedding dress and the latest trend is "minimalism". Pouf is passe. Slim is stylish, and so are soft lace, flowing fabrics and focused embellishments. The everywhere, over-the-top beading and embroidery of recent years? That's gone, for the most part, in favor of simple adornments on a shoulder, sleeve or waistline.

I consider Karen to be an expert on "her" wedding as she is into it big time and I would imagine she has researched her dress to the last detail. She has spent a considerable amount of time and energy on this day and so when she says that dresses have gone minimal and where less is best, you have to believe her. The look these days is a little more classic. Simplicity and ease are very popular -- dresses that look easy to wear and not stiff and formal.

The wedding should be fun and it's an outdoor wedding in late September so both of us are a little worried about the weather. I know it's California but it rains once in awhile here.

Lynn Los Angeles, CA

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore