designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Five minutes with Ruby LaMore!

Ruby LaMore has been with Jennifer and I for ten years as well as being a shop dog the entire time. As you can imagine Ruby is very spoiled but is one of the happiest dogs you will ever meet. If you lived like her, you would be happy all the time too! Her entire world revolves around being petted and getting treats. Every day at 12:30 her "paw" Pilot will go off and she will stand by you letting you know its time to go to Mad Cat for a treat. What can you do. You take her and life is good. So here is the much requested:

Five minutes with Ruby LaMore
Where are you from?

RL - I was born along with eight brothers and sister in South Beloit, IL. My adopted mom, Jennifer, picked me out because I fell asleep in her hand. I don’t remember it but it’s what I was told. Some people say that when I went home with Jim and Jennifer that I won the lottery but I haven’t seen any of that money yet. But, I’m cool with that.

What exactly do you do at J. LaMore?

RL - As the resident dog, my job is to draw people into the store as they walk by and then greet them with a smile and a tail wag. The more pathetic I can look the better. Its hard work but let me tell ya, it’s all in the eyes. I sometimes lay out on the front patio chill’n or catch’n some rays and, because I don’t wear a collar, people walk by and they think I’m homeless. I’m well schooled and I’m really working the eyes trying to get my stomach to growl from hunger and there’s no one around me so these humans just can’t stand it. They want to take me home with them. They go into the store for sure then. My dad Jim plays it up really good too. When they ask he says I’m homeless and hungry and can barely get across Monroe Street without getting hit by a car and the people really freak out then. It gets’em every time! LOL! LOL! I swear, if that gag kept going I could be riding in a Benz right now live’n the good life.

How long have you worked at J. LaMore?

RL - Since I was eight weeks old, which brings me to my unresolved issue I have frequently taken up with my adopted parents, Jim and Jennifer. You see, I’m a “Golden Retriever” which means I’m a “Sporting Breed” not a “Working Breed”. Every book you read will say it! That is not in dispute here!

“S_P_O_R_T_I_N_G” Say it with me now, means hunting ducks, geese, rabbits, squirrels and other animals lower on the food chain as well as doing other outdoor activities. Jim isn’t going into the woods anytime soon let me tell ya. I heard he got lost in the Arboretum once. In general, sporting is just having a really good time.

Working breeds are those other dogs like Border Collies and Australian Sheep dogs! OMG Yuck! Do I look like a Border Collie to you? I mean seriously! They got those freaky eyes and they’re always chasing around smelly ole’ sheep and stuff - No thanks! They also live in the barn and sleep in the hay. I have my own queen size bed with an electric blanket. Sometimes I sleep by the fireplace too. By the way, have you ever seen a Border Collie on the cover of a greeting card? I don’t think so! I’m looking into renegotiating my contract as we speak.

What life or work experiences have molded you into the dog you are today?

RL - Since “working” (there’s that word again) at J. LaMore I’ve been in Madison Magazine twice and I have my own Facebook page. People bring in their kids and their dogs all the time to see me. I hang out at the Union a lot in the summer and I go to concerts on the square all the time. Our friends have a cabin up north on Manitowish Waters and we go up there and hang out on the pontoon boot a lot. I’m treated pretty well as you can imagine so being me is a pretty good gig! We stay at the Drake Hotel in Chicago and they really treat me well there. I have my own menu. Sweet! So yeah, I have tons of life experiences. Travel, love, treats, Its all good!

Where do you see yourself in five years?

RL - The movies! Seriously! I can beat Air Bud. What does he have that I don’t have? I’m super smart, always in a good mood, I’m in great shape, I work cheap and I take a pic like no one else! I can count by wagging my tail and if my dad could learn a foreign language I could count in any language you want. Hollywood here I come. Do you know an agent by chance?

Tell us a funny story about yourself.

RL- Well, one cold and snowy day all of us had left work and we were hungry. So, we decided to go to Uno’s pizza off of State Street to get a take out pizza. My mom and dad ordered the biggest pizza in the world and it was loaded with everything a dog would love. When we got home I was hungry from smelling this incredible thing in the car and crafted a plan. Mom and dad got all comfortable and settled in with slices of pizza and beer to watch a movie in the movie room. While they were gone, I jumped up on the counter with my front feet and with my mouth I pulled down that entire box of pizza. It had like three pieces missing and I ate the entire thing in record speed. When mom and dad came up to have another slice it was in my belly much to their dislike. My mom worried that I would get sick but my dad worried about all the bad gas he thought I would have. It was all good though.

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore