designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Friday, July 17, 2009

Emma Watson says "no" to own fashion line

Whether or not you are a fan of Harry Potter, you have undoubtedly heard of Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger in the movies.

Unlike most actresses today who desire to market themselves as actress-singer-model-designers, Emma refuses, "I’m really not interested in doing it for my own ego. I’m not a designer. If someone asked me to do something that was beneficial to a cause, then maybe I’d consider it, but not just [to be able to say] ‘Look at me! I’ve got my own line!' [It’s] gotten so ridiculous. The idea of making my own perfume makes me want to vomit."

I say "hear, hear!" The amount of celebrities who have gotten their own fashion lines in the past few years has become exponential and obnoxious. They may know about and wear a lot of designer clothing, but that does not make them designers themselves. Lauren Conrad? J.Lo's "Sweetface"? Avril for Kohl's? Hayden Panettierre for Dooney and Burke? Where does it end?!

This only makes me love Emma more. She is quite the sophisticated, smart young woman for growing up in the spotlight. She's attending Colombia in the fall and signed for this fall's Burberry campaign. How accomplished for 19.


[source: NyMag.com]

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore