designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can you open your mind once it's closed?

It's cold in London today in more ways than one. I have to get something off my chest that really upset me. I have a "former" friend who I caught making very negative comments behind my back about my live in boyfriend who I hope to become engaged to. Well, actually it wasn't behind my back because I heard it first hand as she didn't see me standing in another a co-workers office when my friend was chit chatting to other co-workers so I 'overheard' the lies she was spewing. She was laughing and bragging that Eric was "hitting" on her at a recent function all of us attended. BS! I was with Eric the entire night and this never happened. It's not happening behind my back either. Trust me!

I was so angry I confronted her right in front of three other people to the shock and horror of everyone. Even me! I was so upset after that I stormed off and scurried back to my office where I shut the door and broke down in tears. I'm pissed off about that too! I cannot stand that about myself!

This was a close friend of mine who Eric and I invited over to our apartment on numerous
occasion and when I told Eric what happened he immediately said "that's bull shit" and was more curious about her motive for saying that and then wanted to now what he should say to her when he sees her again. It's an uncomfortable situation all the way around.

My question is this; once you closed your mind to your friend can you open it back up? I don't think so! In this instance, why should I? I keep wondering what else she has said that I didn't hear. How good a friend is she? She has not tried to contact me and it's been three days and we work in the same office . I am still so upset and I was having a very nice holiday and was looking forward to a new year. I could scream!

Clare
pissed off in London

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow Clare this is quite the situation. The only thing you can do with this is try to forget her words and move forward. I don't think it will be possible to get over it or even be friends with her, but since you work together, it will be best for everyone to just forget it and move on! She's definitely no friend to you. It's always sad when you realize your "friend" really isn't your "friend" after all. I think everyone has been through that. Think of it this way, at least you found out now before she could do more damage in your life! I hope you have a great 2010 Clare!
Jennifer

Powered by J. LaMore