designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter blues



Well, I have to say that I grew up in the Midwest, so I have always experienced winter, but I still hate the cold, driving in the horrendous traffic since Madison does such a crappy job of clearing the streets (my own opinion). Apparently, they try to only plow and use salt minimally for the sake of the environment. That's a great idea, but hopefully no human lives are lost due to saving lives of the fish in our waters. OK. This is not a political rant, so I will stop at that. I just wanted to say that the main reason I love winter is because of the fashion.

I mean, if we lived in California, we would never get to wear amazing coats, sweaters, hats, scarves, winter boots, etc. I mean, I do see some people in warmer climates wearing these items, but not the real deal. REALLY warm, thick, and fuzzy. Clothes that are functional and keep you warm. Would you ever see anyone in Cali wearing this coat? Not. Maybe only if on vacation.

And what about hats and scarves? Well, I am not a hat person, but check out these adorable headbands. Keeps your ears warm, and you look cute!!! I still haven't been able to pick out which one I want. And it won't ruin your hair as much!!!

Well, I really hated Madison when I moved here. I came from Chicago and felt that I was overdressed and that no one really cared about the way they looked. The first time I walked down State Street I was wearing leather pants, and my husband told me that he wouldn't be seen with me with those on here. Too bad!!! I've lived here for 12 years and have grown to "appreciate" Madison, but looking great and having a great style has definitely made the winter blues go away a little bit. I love hot chocolate, but I love coming home with a great sweater and enjoying my hot chocolate in it!!!!

I guess I'll always be a midwest girl. And I still wear leather pants down State Street.

Lila

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore