designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Snow days


One of my greatest memories of childhood is having a snow day. I remember getting up, watching TV, just waiting for the name of my school to appear. Once it did, I just reveled in the fact that I would get to go back to bed.

I get to relive those memories with my kids. This past Wednesday we got majorly hit. My kids got up and just couldn't wait to play in the snow. We got all of our gear on, and the fun begins!!

I thought I would dread it, being a princess and all, not really liking the outdoors too much. Believe it or not, I had a great time. Sometimes, as an adult, you really need to branch out of your comfort zone. I forgot how much fun sledding is. I forgot how much fun it is to just jump into a five-foot pile of snow. We built a fort, which is just the best. We spent quite a bit of time searching for buttons, a hat, scarf, and other various articles for our snowman.

Sometimes cold weather sucks, but I've learned to appreciate living in Madison, where cold weather can be just a blast.

The best part is coming in when one is all pooped out, and having: You guessed it. Hot chocolate. With lots of marshmallows.

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore