designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Kombucha anyone

A couple of months ago my friend Lila stopped by J. LaMore with a bag full of goodies from Whole Foods. She wanted to share with me some of her favorite things! So sweet! The bag was full of absolutely delicious edibles such as cranberry walnut bread, dark chocolates, jams, and my now all time favorite Kombucha.

I could barely pronounce the word and had no idea what it was! Lila explained to me that this delicious drink, Kombucha (pronouncedˌ käm-ˈbü-cha) is a living culture of beneficial microorganisms. Kombucha is delicately cultured - some liken it to fermentation - for 30 days. During this period, essential nutrients form like active enzymes, viable probiotics, amino acids, antioxidants and polyphenols. All of these combine to create an elixir that immediately works with the body to restore balance and vitality. Kombucha has been used for hundreds of years throughout the world as a daily health tonic. Wow, right?!

My favorite brand of Kombucha is Synergy, although there are several others out there, I just happen to love the flavors Synergy offers. My top favorites are, Mystic Mango, Cosmic Cranberry, and Passionberry Bliss. I like to drink one in the morning or in the afternoon, anytime I'm feeling I need a little pick me up. Be careful when you open a bottle, because of the live cultures and the fermentation the drink is extremely bubbly! If shaken, it will explode when you open it.

There's also a Kombucha cocktail, which I've not ordered, but hear it's great! It's a blend of Kombucha and vodka! Does the vodka negate the healthy perks from Kombucha? I'm willing to give it a try and let you know! LOL

Thank you Lila for the bag of goodies and for introducing me to my new favorite drink!

Jennifer

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore