designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Friday, June 19, 2009

Meet the J. LaMore Staff. . . !

Jessica is the face of jlamore.com. You know the story: A reluctant superstar told to play a different postion for the good of the team. She is expected to do it all and look fantastic at the same time. When the website started three years ago Jessica took one for the team and jumped in with both feet. This was a huge challenge and all of us were struggling trying to make it look right. Today, Jessica has changed as much as the site has. She's no longer the shy bashful girl who came looking for a job and hardly said a word in the interview. So without further interruption here's:

Five minutes with Jessica Ploessl

Where are you from?

JP - I’m from Oregon which is just south of Madison.

What do you do at J. LaMore?

JP - What don’t I do! I like to do a little bit of everything at J. LaMore! My favorite thing that I get to do is be creative by styling myself and other models for photo shoots and fashion shows. I also do a little of the buying with Jennifer which I truly love…I’ve always been able to keep up with the ever changing trends of the fashion world and it’s great to actually put that talent to use.

How has J. LaMore changed since you started?

JP - J. LaMore has definitely changed since I started here 3 years ago. We have jlamore.com which is a huge part of my everyday job. I model on the homepage, product pages, and lookbook and it’s so rewarding to be able to look back and see how far the store and the site have come. Also, the people that are now on the J. LaMore staff are amazing and they make the store and site the best that it can be.

What life experiences have changed you?

JP - Being an aunt has changed me in many ways. My niece is now eleven and with her getting older she is definitely getting smarter and more interested in the world around her. It’s a challenge everyday to answer all her questions and keeping an eleven year old entertained is a whole different world. Also I always have to keep in mind that she looks up to me so I’m always trying to be the best example that I can be!

What have you learned at J. LaMore?

JP - I’ve learned a lot of new things in the past 3 years at J. LaMore. I feel so lucky to be able to work at a store where the owners allow me to be such a huge part of everything that goes on at the store. A resourceful tool I’ve picked up is I’ve learned how to interact with so many people whether they’re customers, J. LaMore friends, or vendors that come into J. LaMore. At first I use to be a little more on the shy side and having to be able to communicate with new people has really brought out my outgoing side.

Tell us a funny story about yourself?

JP - I always have weird, funny, awkward stories to tell. Just the other day I was at home and walked from my bedroom to the kitchen to get a glass of water. As I was walking I saw the mail lady trying to get up to my mail box but our dog was jumping all around making it impossible for the mail lady. So I ran outside to get the dog. While apologizing to her about the dog acting like a crazy animal I realized that I also had to apologize for not having on any pants! There I was standing there in my underwear.

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore