designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Eminem is back . . . . !

Hi Jennifer and friends! I have always been fascinated by Eminem and now he's back with a new album. But, I can barely describe why I find him so interesting. I'm not even a fan of rap music but for some reason I follow what happens with Eminem. I couldn't even tell you the name of another rapper.

He's more then a little dangerous, but at the same time he's arguably the most famous rapper, ever. That alone is amazing! (Not to mention, he's a very skilled sketch artist and has even acted in his own movie, "8 mile".)

He has a troubled and dark past. He kind of pops in and out of the lime light and this time he's been gone for more than four years. Where's he been and what's he been doing? Everything he does and says is controversial. Eminem, at one point, was even investigated by the US Secret Service for alledged threats to the president in his song lyrics. (Thats kind of a stretch but I guess I can understand it. It's an angry Eminem wishing the president was dead.)

In his book "100 people who are screwing up America," Bernard Goldberg has Eminem ranked at #58. See what I mean? Why do I find him so fascinating?

Where does he live? He's been married and divorced twice to the same woman. He loves his daughter and refers to her many times in his lyrics but never in a negative way which is a contradiction to how he writes his lyrics and how he describes woman overall. It appears that the worse he says he treats women the more popular he becomes, especially to women! How does that work.

He constantly insults other rappers and criticizes everything and everyone, including the industry that made him famous but offers no better solution. That's fascinating as well considering the rap industry in 99% black and Eminem is the 1% white guy. But, what can they say, he's by far the best rapper ever! The industry has to listen, even if it's an insult.

So the new album is called "Relapse" and we'll see what happens and how it sells. I won't buy it but, I'm still curious.

Lynn Los Angeles

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore