designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Meet the J. LaMore Staff. . . !

Jennifer LaMore's name is on the door, the website, and everywhere else these days, and her reach gets longer and longer all the time. It's quite remarkable what a small town girl can accomplish. She has a nation wide following of customer friends, friend friends, and business asscoiate friends and always has time for each one of them. It doesn't matter what time of day or night, she is always there, especially if you're one of her friends. Jennifer is in a business that fits her perfectly because she genuinely loves people, has an incredible eye for fashion and style, and that's what makes J. LaMore and jlamore.com a huge success. She loves what she does. It's really that simple! So here is:


Five minutes with Jennifer LaMore


Where are you from?

J. La - I grew up in a small town just outside of Madison called DeForest. The population was around three thousand. The only things to do growing up was go bowling or play sports! Needless to say, I had a 170 bowling average and was the short stop on the local soft ball team! Between, bowling, softball, pompom, basketball, track, swim team, and choir I was a very busy kid!

How did you get started in your own business?

J. La - I have always loved fashion and helping people. I had worked managing a local boutique and absolutely loved my job. I loved the customers, the clothing, the hours, everything! I had always dreamed of having my own boutique, but wasn’t quite sure how I could make it happen. My husband, who was my boyfriend at the time, and I talked incessantly about my dream of owning my own boutique. We would get together over wine and write out our business plan on restaurant napkins! My dream became his dream and we decided to go into business together! We opened J. LaMore in 1999, two years before we got married.

What has changed at J. LaMore over the past ten years?

J. La - So much has changed in the last 10 years. If someone had told me 10 years ago that a significant amount of commerce in the world would be done on the World Wide Web, I’m sure I would have scoffed it off. I always expected the web to impact our lives, but I had no idea it would literally run our lives.

Who or what has influenced you throughout your life?

J. La - I grew up in a large family with two sisters and two brothers. My dad worked three jobs and my mom stayed home to raise all of us. I didn’t really acknowledge it as a child, but as an adult who decide not to have children, I can’t even imagine what my parents went through in raising five kids! I’ve always loved to work, and to work hard and I think that came from watching my dad. As an adult, the biggest influence has been my husband Jim. He truly amazes me. I’ve never met anyone who believes in me as much as he does. He’s my biggest cheerleader, my endearing critic, and a believer in all I do. He encourages me on a daily basis to be the best I can be.

If you could do it all over again, what would you change?

J. La - When I think back to the beginning, I worried so much about everything! It was so new, I was learning so much, and it went by so fast! I wish I could go back and relive the first few years and really comprehend and appreciate the accomplishment it was. It’s so hard to do when you’re in the middle of it all stressing over every detail. Outside of that, I really don’t think I would change a thing. I absolutely love what I do and feel so blessed to have this be my life.

How would you define yourself?

J. La - I’m strong, very driven, hard working along side of loyal, fun loving, caring and giving.

Tell us a funny story about yourself.

J. La - It was Christmas time a few years ago and my husband and I were off to chop down our Christmas tree. He wanted to go to the local pre-cut place, but I insisted on walking out into the wilderness to find our own perfect tree. It’s freezing cold outside, but I have to make sure we see all of the trees available. We finally find “the one” and proceed to chop it down and drag it back to purchase it. I’m pulling the lighter weight front side, while Jim is carrying the heavier back side. Out of the corner of my eye, I see something crawling up my sleeve. I glance down and there’s a mouse almost on my shoulder! I screamed so loud, the mouse popped off my shoulder on to the ground and stood there shaking! I continued to scream and flail my arms up in the air while jumping around the tree farm. It was quite a scene. Of course, Jim fell to the ground he was laughing so hard.

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore