designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Monday, June 15, 2009

Meet the J. LaMore Staff. . . !

It seems that everyone I know has asked me at one time or another about the people who work at J. LaMore and jlamore.com. So this week I decided to introduce all the fun people who work here and keep the machine running smooth. Julie MacGuidwin is our resident geek and chatterbox. She can talk like no one else and it's the funniest thing. Jim, at one point, told Julie on one of her chattier days that she had to stop talking for two minutes. She couldn't do it. She froze at her desk as we all watched her freak out trying not to talk. We still tease her about it. So let me introduce Julie MacGuidwin. I asked her a few questions so you can spend some time and get to know her. - Jennifer LaMore

Five minutes with Julie MacGuidwin!

What do you do at J. LaMore?
JM - What don’t I do at J. LaMore is the better question! I spend about 70% of my time behind the scenes working on our website and doing other computer related things. The other part of my day is spent helping customers look fabulous!

How did you get the job?
JM - I was looking for a nanny position on craigslist when I came across Jennifer’s post looking for a “fashion minded person to work in retail”. 3 years ago I applied to be a sales associate, and today my job has expanded to much more than that!

How has the store changed since you started?
JM - The biggest change was the website. When I started working here we didn’t have one and one of my jobs was to create an inventory system that connected directly to the website which would be accurate in realtime. We still use it today and now look where we are! The store has also become less quiet since I started working here….I always have a story to tell or something to say!

What have you learned while working at J. LaMore?
JM - I’ve learned SO much working here at J. LaMore. For the obvious, I’ve learned all about fashion, retail, and customer service. Personally I have learned how to balance working and going to school. Along with working at J. LaMore, I baby-sit 3 or so times a week during the school year. Not to mention I’m active in my sorority as well! It’s been a challenge to get everything I need to done in all aspects of my life, but working here has definitely taught me how to do it well!

What life experiences have had a profound affect on you?
JM - Many times people travel and learn something profound from that experience. I’ve been fortunate enough to travel a lot (all around the U.S., The Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Greece.) I’d say these experiences affected me in specific ways… but all I really do on vacation, regardless of my destination, is layout on the beach! I have learned how to get the perfect suntan, though ;).

Tell us a funny story about yourself.
JM - I have way too many funny stories about myself. Everyday I come into work with a new one. A favorite of mine happened 3 years ago while the J. LaMore gang was walking to the "Best of Madison" party. In downtown Madison, there are vents on the sidewalk. We were walking to the party, and the other girls walked around the vent, so I assumed they did so because they had skinny heels on and they didn't want them to fall through the cracks. I was wearing thick heeled pumps and thought that I wouldn’t need to worry about it. Turned out that they all walked around it because the vent was blowing up air. My dress blew up in front of a restaurant window full of people. We had a good laugh about this one.

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore