designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I just recently read an article about "Facebook" that annoyed me to no end. I have had many conversations about Facebook with many different people, and everyone seems to have a different opinion about it. I just wanted to put this out there. This was an article in Newsweek, but I won't post the author's name because I'm just too nice.

The basic point of this person's article is that he wasted so much time on Facebook, imagining the good things that he could have done, such as fundraising or helping out at a local animal shelter. He then goes on to make fun of his friends' posts about meaningless things like changing the kitty litter or a camping trip. And he says that he would rather hang out at the local bar. He finalizes his thoughts by writing that Facebook is the emptiest, loneliest place on the whole World White Web, all static and white noise.

I bet to differ. What an idiot. Please. I can't even tell you how happy I was to reconnect with so many friends from high school and college, not to mention all of my friends in Madison. I don't have time to spend an hour or two talking to each and every friend. I love my friends, and I spend about twenty minutes a day on facebook. This author said he was spending way too much time on it. That was his choice. If he didn't like it, why was he spending so much time on it?

We all make our own choices. I have never had any privacy issues with Facebook, and I do not befriend people that I don't know. I am not out to save the world. I still do lots of things in the community, help people at my job, still go to the pub, have wine with friends, and still have time for my kids.

We all choose what entertains us. After a long day at work and dealing with kids, sometimes we just want to do something fun, and to keep posted on my amazing friends' lives is enjoyable for me and worth my time. Love, Lila.

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore