designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Flip Flops!!!!


So, I was just trying going through my shoes, trying to get rid of some of them, and I just couldn't get rid of any of my flip flops!!! I just love them, from the plain, solid-colored flats to my most ornate ones. I was curious, so I googled a little history of the flip flop.

I found that it is quite impossible to quote the origination of the flip flop. The history of it seems to be dominated in the Eastern culture's history of countries like China and New Zealand and in the art of places like Egypt, where one can see Egyptian figures wearing something on their feet that is close to a flip flop.

Mostly, the history of "flip flop" dates back to when people began to refer to the sandal that had no back, and obviously the sound that the shoe makes. As Western culture began to explode and spread throughout the world, so did the flip flop. It became popular footwear for hot days, for the beach, the park, and, for goodness sakes: What would college students in Madison, WI wear all winter long?

I read in a fashion magazine that flip flops were out. WHAT? I beg to differ. I'll never get rid of them. Just like my leggings. Lila.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE flip flops...I think they have come along way since the plastic ones you used to wear to the beach. They come in different heights & even have embellishment...For me, flip flops are still in!
Mandy
Sun Prairie

Powered by J. LaMore