designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Fresh Veggies

Wow, Lila, thanks for the great recipes! Lucky for me, I happen to love fruits and vegetables. I actually have cravings for broccoli! Strange, but true!

Jim and I have decided to plant two large raised vegetable gardens this year. Growing up, my mom was a gardener. Some of my favorite memories involve planting, tending to, and devouring the fresh produce. I can taste the freshness of a ripe carrot like it was yesterday. They never taste the same when I buy them at the grocery store.

We're trying to decide what to plant, this is tough. I love green beans, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, peppers, and tomatoes, so I'm pretty sure those are all in the plan. I'd love to add some fresh herbs too. I like to cook with thyme, rosemary, and basil. I'm hoping these will be fairly easy to add to the mix. We thought about adding sweet corn, until my brother in law (who farms) told us each corn stalk only has one ear of corn! Considering space is a premium for us, I'd rather get our sweet corn from the farmers market!

I'd love to hear if anyone has any tips on gardening. Has anyone tried growing a completely organic garden?

Jennifer

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore