designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chanel





My husband never is able to come up with a great gift idea since "I have everything." So, for the past few years he has been getting me a different coffee table book on the history of different designers. I absolutely love reading them and learn about the influence fashion has had on the change of womens' roles in life. My favorite is my biography on Chanel.

Coco Chanel was mostly known for replacing the restrictive corset with simple suits and dresses, trousers, and costume jewelry. Chanel herself dressed in "mannish" clothes, and adapted these more comfortable fashions, which other women found liberating. Many women were starting to work while their husbands were at war.

While womens' roles in the workforce and society increased, so did the hemlines. I love the classic dresses and also the evening wear. I believe that Chanel still inspires many designers today.

Lila.

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore