designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Monday, April 19, 2010

Alexander McQueen


I know that it has been a while since Mr.McQueen tragically took his life February 11th, but I still stop and think "Why did he have to go and do that?" Now we have one less of the few who are amazing.

I love fashion, quite the cliche, and I could not afford Alexander McQueen, but I always followed his style, and I eventually acquired one of his dresses at a sample show. I was elated. It was perfect. It embodied everything that he was known for. It had the most amazing fabric and techniques; draping, folds, beading, silk-screening, and embroidery. This designer attacked these typical styles in his designs every season.

The layers in his clothing were mind-boggling, as well as the ornamentation. It was definitely a little bit over the top, and most women could not wear his clothing, but it intrigued me to no end.

I need to quote Hal Rubenstein: "Whether it was breathtaking, terrifying, or merely entrancing, he insisted that fashion should haunt, dare, enchant and awake the senses as well as adorn."

Many people might think of fashion as merely a whimsy to take up one's time, but I view it completely differently. To create art takes a vision; to create beautiful clothes is an art; being gifted in the art of sewing, being able to create amazing sculptural and innovative silhouettes.

I am just sad that someone was in such great pain. We should not only celebrate artists, but just being alive. It is a cliche, but sometimes we need to be reminded. Love and peace to all. Lila.

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore