designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Brigitte Lacombe One Woman Show

Hi Jennifer and friends. This past week in London I attended the photographic exhibition of of Brigitte Lacombe who has taken pictures of movies stars, musicians, politicians and just about anybody who's a somebody. The show was fantastic as each picture had a story along side of it that explained what was going on at the time.

This is a photo of Bob Dylan and the caption which describes the experience.

Bob Dylan, 2004. "This was an extraordinary day for me. I hadn’t photographed Dylan before. It was for the cover of Newsweek magazine. Although he’s a well-known character, he’s very enigmatic, extremely guarded and reluctant to open up. We were at his ranch outside Los Angeles and I told him that I had met him before. He looked at me as if he was dreading yet another story of people who accost him all the time. But he had been staying with the father of a friend of mine, and it turned out this man was one of his true friends. So that opened the door for me; he related to me in a completely different way. It was one of the most important encounters I’ve had, because I have great admiration for him and what he meant to all of us."

Clare London, England

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore